Pingalwara and Sikh Gurdwara DC Tax Deductible Donations
Sevadars would like to thank Guru Roop Saadh Sangat for all the donations and help that everyone is doing from long time. Sevadars really appreciate that. Also, Sevadars would like to inform everyone that how this money flows for good cause towards Pingalwara.
There are two entities to donate within Sikh Gurdwara, DC.
– One directly goes to Sikh Gurdwara DC to get receipt from Gurdwara. This is completely tax deductible.
– The money specifically given for Pingalwara by check to “Jaswant Sawhney Trust” is for Pingalwara. This full amount will be sent to Pingalwara and you will get receipt from Pingalwara and Jaswant Sawhney Trust. Please provide full address for receiving this receipt. This amount is fully tax deductible in USA, Canada and other countries which allows US Public Charity.
As Sikh Gurdwara is also closed due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus), so if you would like to continue donations for Sikh Gurdwara DC, then here is what needs to be done.
NOTE: Sangat can send NO EXTRA COST Online donations via Check by Bank for Sikh Gurdwara DC. Banks generally don’t charge any cost for this GREAT SERVICE and send checks to the address mentioned in the Bill Pay section as a Person.
IMP: SANGAT IS REQUESTED TO PLEASE CONFIRM WITH BANK TO MAKE SURE IF THERE IS ANY CHARGE BUT MOST OF THE BANKS DON’T CHARGE FOR SENDING CHECKS ON YOUR BEHALF AND IT’S FREE. ALSO, IT’S SAFE AS WELL BECAUSE YOU DON’T HAVE TO GO OUT IN THIS TOUGH TIME FOLLOWING STAY HOME MEASURES. HEALTH IS WEALTH.
Steps to Enroll for Sending Checks via Online Banking: (Should be same for most banks)
1. Login into your online account –> Select Pay Bills
2. Select “Add Company or Person to Pay”
3. Select “Add a Person”
4. Refer Screenshot and steps below to see what all details are required to enroll “Sikh Gurdwara DC” as recipient of Check
5. First and Last Name: “Sikh Gurdwara DC”
6. Category: Uncategorized
7. Address 1: 12887 Folly Quarter Road
8. Address 2: C/O: Manjit Kaur Saini
9. City: “Ellicott City”
10. State: “MD”
11: Zip code: “21042”
12. Phone Number: Please enter your phone number
Another Option is to mail check:
1. Write Check Payable to “Sikh Gurdwara DC”
2. Send Check to this address with details mentioned below on mail:
Sikh Gurdwara DC
C/o: Manjit Kaur Saini
12887 Folly Quarter Road
It’s preferable to get email receipts in this current scenario which is around so that we could avoid going out to post receipts and would like sangat also to avoid specific trips for checks and post check once they are out for a specific purpose. Let’s follow all best practices to remain safe and healthy. For email receipts, please share your email address in mail itself. Otherwise, we will mail receipts after a week once check is cashed.
Please talk to us or email us (email@example.com) for any queries.