Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!
Please join us in commemorating the Guru Gaddi Diwas of Guru Nanak Dev Ji on 29-Nov-2015 in DC Gurudwara.
Akhand Paath commenced on Friday Nov. 27 evening with Samapti on Sunday Nov. 29 morning.
This will be followed by the regular Sunday Diwan. We look forward to your visit along with friends and family.
Key Lessons & Teachings from Guru Nanak Dev Ji life:
1) Submission to the Will of God (WAHEGURU)
2) There is One God
3) Goodwill for all – SARBAT DAA BHALAA
4) SACH SUNAISI SACH KEE BELA – (to speak the truth)
5) SEWA AND SIMRAN
6)The three Principals
- Vand Chako: Sharing with others, helping those with less who are in need
- Kirat Karo: Earning/making a living honestly, without exploitation or fraud
- Naam Japna: Chanting the Holy Name and thus remembering God at all times (ceaseless devotion to God)
7) Shun five Evils (Ego, Anger, Greed, Attachment and Lust.)
8) Importance of Guru
9) No Discrimination
10) Against Rituals/Superstitions