Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!
Saadh Sangat Ji,
As COVID-19 cases are rising again, Sikh Gurdwara DC is COMPLETELY CLOSED NOW and all Sikh Gurdwara DC events/regular diwan/khalsa school/any other activities are CANCELLED starting today Friday Dec 24, 2021 until further notice. This step is very important for safety of our sangat members, especially seniors and kids.
If langar is booked, then please contact sevadars for further information. Please mark such events cancelled as of now till further notice.
NOTE: Regular in-person Diwan on Sunday’s are cancelled in Gurdwara Sahib but sangat can view the same virtually from 12:00 Noon EST – 01:30 PM EST on Sunday for Kirtan, Ardaas and Samapti. We pray to Waheguru ji for everyone’s sound health and safety. 🙏
Request to Sangat: Sangat is requested to please DON’T come to Gurdwara sahib (even for Mattha Tek) till further notice as it’s best for sangat and all sevadars as per current scenarios due to rising COVID-19 cases.
Special Diwan on Sun, 12/26/2021: Chaar Sahibzaade Shaheedi
New Year Program: CANCELLED, no New Year eve program
Regular Diwan: Sun, 01/02/2022
Sikh Gurdwara DC Youtube Channel for Viewing Online Diwan: SGDC Sangat
Facebook Live: https://www.facebook.com/pg/kirtansinghlive/videos/
NOTE: Sangat can send NO EXTRA COST Online donations via Check by Bank for Sikh Gurdwara DC. Banks generally don’t charge any cost for this GREAT SERVICE and send checks to the address mentioned in the Bill Pay section as a Person. Please confirm from your bank for all details about fees and service.
Another Option is to mail check:
1. Write Check Payable to “Sikh Gurdwara DC”
2. Send Check to this address with details mentioned below on mail:
Sikh Gurdwara DC
C/o: Manjit Kaur Saini
12887 Folly Quarter Road
As per Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations, we encourage all sangat members and family to follow these guidelines and other details shared on CDC website.
CDC Steps to Prevent Illness:
- Wash their hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds; use hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol when hand washing is not an option
- Avoid touching their face with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and reduce interactions, such as handshakes, with others
- Stay home if they are sick or presenting symptoms like those of COVID-19.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Stay Informed
The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.*
- Shortness of breath
More details of Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
Stay healthy as health is wealth!